This course covers the operation, installation and maintenance of the Daniel Compact Prover.
Basic knowledge of flow measurement.
- Theory of Operation: Double Chronometry and Specifications
- Overview of the Parts Which Make up the Compact Prover such as Actuator Assembly, Pneumatic Spring Chamber, Piston and Poppet, Optical Switches, Hydraulic Motor and Pump, and Solenoid Valve
- Installation: Prover and Meter Location, Nitrogen Spring Plenum Setting, and Power Requirements
- Troubleshooting and Repair of: Safety Barriers, Seal and O-ring Replacement, Detector Switches, Interface Board, Hydraulic and Nitrogen System, and Spare Parts
- Overview of Calibration: Seal Leak Test, Upstream and Downstream Calibration, and Waterdraw Data Sheet
- Overview of Prover Electronics: Programming, Input and Data Modes Using Software/Local Display, Circuit Module Description, and Diagnostics
- Proving Operations: Direct Proving and Master Meter Proving
- Prover Maintenance