This three-day course provides thorough information on how to configure and use Emerson's AMS Suite: Intelligent Device Manager with the Ovation™ control system. Students will receive hands-on experience in using Ovation and AMS Device Manager to configure smart devices on the Ovation network. Students will also configure and examine Ovation PlantWeb Alerts generated from the smart devices. This course is intended for plant personnel who will configure and troubleshoot the Ovation system and AMS Device Manager. The course duration is three days.
Students must have a good understanding of the Ovation system architecture and how database point records are built and maintained in an Ovation Windows-based system. It is recommended that students attend the OV100-WIN course prior to attending this course. Other courses that would be beneficial are OV270-WIN, OV340-WIN and either OV200-WIN-3.0.X or OV200-WIN-3.1.X.
Upon successful completion of this course, using the reference material provided, the student will be able to:
• Understand the basic topology of an Ovation network with an AMS Intelligent Device Manager station on it
• Recognize AMS Suite software applications
• Understand AMS Intelligent Device Manager licensing
• Complete normal AMS Intelligent Device Manager administrative functions
• Use basic AMS Intelligent Device Manager functions
• Understand AMS Intelligent Device Manager SNAP-ON capabilities
• Update AMS Intelligent Device Manager DD files